This is another new favorite recipe in our house so I wanted to share! It’s fairly easy to make and has great flavor. Hope you enjoy!
1/4 cup olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (full leaf)
28-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup dried brown or red lentils (or a mix)
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
pinch red pepper flakes
2 cups kale, rinsed
1 lemon, juiced
- Heat olive oil in large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, curry powder, and thyme. Stir.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Add vegetable broth, water, lentils, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and simmer for 27 minutes.
- Add kale and continue to simmer for about 3 more minutes.
- Use immersion blender and blend soup.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
My daughter doesn’t love this soup alone so I usually give it to her with peas over pasta. She enjoys that 🙂