Well, this is an exciting post! Not only was this meal delicious, but this is officially my one year anniversary as a food blogger!! My first post was on March 13, 2016, Vegan Goji Berry Cookies (Recipe here: https://wholerealfoodblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/vegan-goji-berry-cookies/). It has been a fun year! Since that time, I have posted 65 recipe, received 500 likes, and now have 95 followers. So thanks so much to all of you who have cheered on this exciting journey! I can’t wait to celebrate many more food blogging anniversaries!
Now, as alluded to above, today is not just exciting because of the anniversary, but because of the recipe. I have been so food bored lately, and was ready to try something new. This was a twist on traditional pesto, and it was delicious! My daughter also loved it and went back for thirds, which is a huge bonus! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3/4 – 1 cup (or more) fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 8 ounces pasta
- Cook chicken. Can stir-fry in a little olive oil or can make in crockpot (cook on high 4 hours and then shred with forks).
- Place garlic in food processor and puree. Add avocado, spinach, pecans, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and water, and puree until smooth.
- Boil water and cook pasta in water, drain.
- Combine chicken, sauce, and pasta. Cook for a couple minutes over medium heat until warm.
For a vegan dish, this would be great without chicken. This also would be great with added spinach, tomatoes, and/or peas. Enjoy!