My husband is quite happy that I’ve now reached the more “normal” recipes in my 10 chili lineup. This week’s chili was heavy on the meat and beans with nearly no veggies. Not quite as healthy as I usually like, but fun to try. Here it is:
2 pounds ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can tomato sauce (1 cup spaghetti sauce if you forgot to buy tomato sauce at the store ;))
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2-1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup cornmeal
1, 15-oz can pinto beans, rinsed
1, 15-oz can kidney beans, rinsed
1, 10-oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- Brown beef in bottom of large pot on stove with minced garlic.
- Stir in tomato sauce, spices, and 1/2 cup beef broth. Simmer on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornmeal and 1/2 cup water in separate bowl. Pour mixture into chili.
- Add beans and diced tomatoes/green chilies.
- Add beef broth and/or water until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
This recipe was modified from a recipe I found at: https://nancycreative.com/2011/01/02/chili-from-the-pioneer-woman/ Thanks for the inspiration!