This dip is great with pita chips or raw vegetables. Full of healthy, fresh ingredients and absolutely delicious. I made it for a barbecue last night and people seemed to enjoy it. Hope you enjoy as well. I love Middle Eastern food, and this is no exception.
3 small eggplants
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons tahini
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Bake eggplant whole at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. Rotate every 15 minutes so any given side does not burn on the cookie sheet.
- Allow eggplant to cool for a few minutes. Cut the top and bottom off the eggplant and peel it. It will peel easily after baking. Discard peel.
- Place garlic in food processor and process until minced. Add eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, and salt. Process until smooth.
- Place in bowl and drizzle olive oil over top. Add fresh parsley.
- Serve with pita chips and/or raw vegetables. Enjoy!!
This recipe was modified slightly from a recipe I found at: http://www.whats4eats.com/appetizers/baba-ghanoush-recipe Thanks for the inspiration!