I am pretty excited! Today I went to Costco and got a new 13-piece set of stainless steel cookware. My mom had bought me a few awesome pieces a couple years ago, and since that time, I haven’t wanted to cook with anything else. Today I completed my collection (and got it for $140, where I was seeing similar sets for about $400 – gotta love Costco!). I immediately put the set to good use. Used the steamer and a saucepan to make baby food this afternoon and then used it again to steam broccoli for dinner. The piece I was most excited for was the covered sauté pan! I have been wanting one of those for some time! So here you go. A recipe for a covered sauté pan. If you don’t have one, a normal skillet will work fine 🙂
1.5 pound chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
3 lemons, slice 2 and use 3rd for juicing
- Mix arrowroot flour, sea salt, and pepper in ziplock bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat most of olive oil in sauté pan. Spread chicken out in single layer. Cook about 3 minutes and then flip. Cook about 3 minutes on other side. Once the outside of the chicken is white/light brown, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in sauté pan and add lemons. Cook about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken back in and add juice from third lemon.
- Cook covered on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over rice (leave out for paleo option) and with veggies on the side.
Hope you enjoy my experimenting with my new cookware. This meal had a delicious flavor. You definitely can taste the lemon. I loved it! Hope you enjoy as well!