I love finishing the weekend with a great Sunday night dinner! This dish was delicious! Hope you all enjoy as well!
1 pound shrimp, peeled
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
2 yellow squash, halved and sliced
12 ounces pea pods
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 , 13.5-oz can full fat coconut milk
cooked rice for serving
- Marinade shrimp in 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in medium pan. Add onions and cook 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Add yellow squash and pea pods. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 2 teaspoons ground coriander, and 1 teaspoon curry powder. Stir.
- Add coconut milk and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and all juices from marinade. Continue cooking until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve over rice.
This recipe was modified from a recipe I found at: http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/seafood/coconut-shrimp-curry/ Thanks for the inspiration!