Wow, it has been awhile since I last posted! I have been cooking away, but much too busy to post. Since I had a few free minutes this morning, I wanted to share this great recipe. It is flavorful and delicious!
For the Fajitas –
1.5 pounds chicken breast, sliced
3 bell peppers (mix of red and green), sliced
1 yellow onion, halved and sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
For the salad –
choice of salad greens
choice of toppings: avocado, guacamole (recipe here: https://wholerealfoodblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/guacamole/), cilantro, and salsa
(I used spinach for my greens and avocado for my topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sliced chicken and veggies in an 11 x 13 sheet pan.
- Mix olive oil and spices in a separate bowl and pour over chicken and veggies. Mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure the slices of chicken separate from each other. This allows them to be evenly coated in spices and allows them to cook in 30 minutes. If the chicken sticks together, there will still be pink spots after 30 minutes.
- Check that chicken is done and remove from oven.
- Place salad on plate, top with chicken and veggies, drizzle with liquid left at the bottom of the pan, and top with desired toppings.
This recipe was modified from a recipe I found at: http://laughingspatula.com/sheet-pan-fajitas/ Thanks for the inspiration!