I made this tasty dessert this weekend and wanted to share the recipe. It is both vegan and paleo. It has a rich and very unique flavor. Hope you enjoy!
3/4 cup tahini
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
olive oil to grease pan
- Lightly grease 8 1/2-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
- Pulse pitted dates in food processor. Add tahini and process. Add cocoa powder, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and mint. Process.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Once solid, cut into squares.
- Place parchment paper in glass container and place squares on parchment paper to store.
- Store in fridge and enjoy!
This recipe was modified from a recipe I found at: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/tahini-fudge/ Thanks for the inspiration!