My house is smelling delicious today! I love the smell of baking cinnamon. I made a couple batches of this cinnamon granola this morning in order to perfect the recipe. That means I’ll be eating this all week! No complaints here!
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup halved or chopped pecans
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat coconut oil and honey together in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, remove from heat. Stir in nuts, seeds, and oats until everything is coated evenly in oil and honey.
- Add in vanilla and cinnamon and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture onto a baking pan where the mixture can spread out into a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from oven and stir occasionally as the granola cools to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Once the granola has cooled completely, store in an airtight glass container.
This recipe is also great without the cinnamon, but I prefer the cinnamon version. The granola is delicious plain or over unsweetened yogurt.
I would love to hear what you think of this and other recipes! Please be sure to comment below with your thoughts! Also, if you like this recipe and want more like it, please be sure to follow my blog by clicking the “follow” box that appears in the bottom right-hand side of the page when you are scrolled to the top of my blog. This will allow you to get updates when I post new recipes!
Hope you enjoy!