I love this recipe! It is fairly easy to put together, cooks in the crockpot so can be made in advance, and is delicious! I love this dish served over rice, but it is paleo if you either eat it plain or over a paleo rice alternative. Hope you enjoy!
1-1.5 pounds flank or skirt steak, cut thin strips against the grain
1/3 cup arrowroot flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1.5 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
1/2 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup water
1/8 – 1/4 cup honey
4 green onions, diced
4 large carrots, diced
2-3 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- Mix steak and arrowroot flour together in crockpot until meat is coated.
- Whisk together olive oil, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, water, and honey. Pour over steak.
- Add green onions and carrots.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 2-3 hours. During the last half hour of cooking, add the broccoli in and stir.
- Serve over rice, plain, or over a paleo rice alternative.
I found a version if this recipe at http://momasrx.blogspot.com/2014/02/paleo-crockpot-beef-and-broccoli.html Thanks for the inspiration!
If you give the recipe a try, I would love to hear what you think! Hope you enjoy it!