This is my all time favorite guacamole recipe! Of everything I cook, this is the recipe I get asked for the most. It is so delicious! The recipe is modified only slightly from a recipe my sister gave me years ago. The trick is in the garlic. Hope you enjoy!
whole garlic bulb
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
smidgen of sea salt, or less
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 of a red onion, chopped
1 cup red pepper, chopped
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Cut top off garlic bulb. Wrap in foil, leaving the top open. Drizzle with the 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with the smidgen of sea salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. (Pictured Below).
- Place 4 avocados in a bowl. Squeeze limes to add lime juice. If you use a good squeezer, like the one pictured below, you will only need 2.5 limes (3 if you really like a strong lime flavor). If you squeeze by hand, you will probably need 4 limes.
- Mash avocado and lime together with masher.
- Add cilantro, red onion, red pepper, 1/2 tablespoon sea salt, and cumin. Stir.
- When garlic is done, squeeze foil so garlic comes out. It will squeeze right out. Mix the cooked garlic into the guacamole. Mash the cloves a bit to mix well.
- You can eat immediately, but it’s best if it sits in the fridge a couple hours to let the flavors combine.