I love crockpot recipes! You can make the meal when you have time and put it on so that it’s ready when you are. We had this paleo chinese-style orange chicken for dinner last night and it was delicious! I can’t wait to eat the leftovers!
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed with large fat pieces removed
1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons tomato paste
juice from 1/2 orange (save other half to slice for garnish)
1.5 inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/8 cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 orange, sliced
- Combine flour and salt in a ziplock bag. Add chicken, seal, and shake to cover chicken with flour/pepper mixture.
- Heat olive oil in wok on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook a few minutes, stirring. Move chicken to bottom of crockpot.
- In a bowl combine garlic, tomato paste, orange juice, ginger, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and salt.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low 2-3 hours.
- Stir sauce and chicken and then serve over rice (or a paleo alternative) with an orange slice to garnish.